Information we collect about you
When you use our website, we collect and store your personal information provided by you from time to time. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
Once you sign in into our website, you are not anonymous to us and the information provided by you at the time of signing in will be stored with us. We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, etc.) from you when you set up an account with us by signing up. While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying behavior. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests. If you choose to leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
We collect information about you when you:
- visit the Website, and other sites accessible from the Website
- register with us and buy products or services on the Website
- take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
- contact us e.g. in writing, call customer services.
We may supplement the information we collect about you with information we receive from other sources e.g. public registers such as the electoral roll. This allows us to assess the accuracy of the information we hold about you in order to send you relevant offers and information.
What do we do with your information
We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- To support the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. This information will be stored and used to process and fulfill your orders.
- We may provide personal information to the merchants who fulfill the orders you place on our sites.
- We may share personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and marketing partners.
- To operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, Shipt’s business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- To send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Shipt, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services;
- To administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Shipt or our Third Party business partners.
Marketing and research
By registering on our website, you agree that, we may contact you:
- with offers and information about AA products or services
- with offers and information about partners’ products or services
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are a Canadian citizen and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. We place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Website to help analyze our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. “Cookies” are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services. We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a “cookie”.
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside the AA except where we have your consent, where we are required or permitted to do so by law, order of the court or other legal and statutory process; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business.
When you click on links on our website or blog, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information about our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer.